What We Do

What we do

TASC operates in various locations. We provide our free legal services and advocacy support to people in Toowoomba, Ipswich, Roma, Rural South West Queensland, Southern Downs, Stanthorpe, Darling Downs, West Moreton, Goondiwindi, and Greater South West Queensland.  We also offer disability and mental health advocacy services across this region and also in the Burnett and Wide Bay.

At TASC, we care about you and your rights. We want to make sure you feel supported and understood. Our team is here to help you with legal issues and to fight for your rights. We believe that everyone deserves fair treatment and equal opportunities.

If you need legal assistance or advocacy support, reach out to TASC today. Our caring team is ready to help you. Together, we can make a positive difference in your life and our community.

Our services

Service Information
Service How we help Service area Who is eligible
Legal Services Our free, general legal services include information, referrals, and legal advice and we aim to empower clients with self-help strategies to assist with their legal matters. We can assist with:
– Domestic and Family Violence Law
– Family Law
– Civil and Consumer Law
– Criminal Law (minor)
Ipswich, Toowoomba, and South West QLD Our service is for people in a low to middle income situation. If you are unsure if you qualify, please contact us for an assessment.
Rural Women’s Outreach Legal Service This free service is for women living on the Darling Downs and South West Queensland and can assist with:
– Domestic and Family Violence Law
– Family Law
– Civil and Consumer Law
– Criminal Law (minor)
Western Downs, Maranoa, and South West QLD. Our service is for people in a low to middle income situation. If you are unsure if you qualify, please contact us for an assessment.
Mind My Legals – Legal and Social Support Mind My Legals is a free legal advice and social work service which helps people experiencing poor mental health condition understand their legal rights and address or prevent legal problems. It can help with:
– Family Law
– Family and Domestic Violence Law
– Child Protection (limited advice only)
– Civil and Consumer Law
– Criminal Law (minor matters)
Darling Downs Health Network area Over 18 and living experiencing poor mental health.
You need to have had recent contact with Darling Downs Health.
Seniors Legal and Support Service Our lawyers and social workers will talk with you about what steps can be taken to address elder abuse including:
– Steps to stay safe
– Short-term counseling
– How to keep money and assets safe, or recover money or assets
– Legal rights and options
– In certain circumstances, representing a client in court or before a tribunal.
You can decide whether you want SLASS to take action or not and if so, what option suits you the best.
Toowoomba, Ipswich, and Ipswich Hinterland People over the age of 60 (or over 50 for First Nations people) who live in the service area.
QSTARS – Tenancy Advocacy TASC assists tenants to advocate for themselves and assist tenants to understand their tenancy obligations and current legislation. TASC can advocate on behalf of tenants who are unable to advocate for themselves. We offer to tenants:
– Advice and assistance to understand their tenancy rights and responsibilities
– Support which may assist with the resolution of a tenancy issue
– Advocacy support to liaise with lessors or agents
– Support writing letters/emails or completing tenancy forms
– Advocacy support to attend or prepare for a QCAT tenancy tribunal hearing
– Referral to other support services if required.
QSTARS is a statewide service. TASC is the agency supporting tenants in Toowoomba and SW Queensland. All Queensland tenants have free access to this service regarding their tenancy, whether through the private rental market (real estate agent or private landlord) or social housing.
Disability Advocacy TASC’s Advocates can help you with problems or issues with the services you currently use, with the aim of making sure these meet your needs.
We work one-on-one with you, and your family/carer/support network, about issues like:
– National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services and complaints
– Disability Support Pension applications
– Discrimination and unfair treatment
– Abuse, neglect, and exploitation
– Issues arising from your condition which impact education, employment, housing, or medical services.
We advocate and encourage individuals and communities to advance the interests of people with a disability and their families.
South West Queensland, Darling Downs, Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley, Ipswich, Somerset, Burnett, and Wide Bay People with a disability or mental illness, their families, and carers can contact a TASC Disability Advocate with any concerns about how an individual is being treated.
Mental Health Advocacy TASC’s Mental Health advocates assist people with a mental health condition to navigate the systems they rely on and to help them know and enforce their rights. Our advocates work with people who need one-to-one advocacy support and work with them in partnership to address instances of discrimination, abuse, or neglect. Darling Downs Health Network This service is funded to help people who have a mental health condition and live or access services in the Darling Downs Health Service area. It is available to inpatients, outpatients, or community members.
National Redress Scheme Support TASC’s Redress Support Service is for anybody in Toowoomba and south-west Queensland who has experienced institutional child sexual abuse and who wishes to apply to the National Redress Scheme. Our Case Workers will be dedicated solely to helping people engage with the National Redress Scheme.
Our heartfelt aim is to provide a compassionate and trauma-informed support service for people impacted by child sexual abuse.
Toowoomba, Western Downs, and Maranoa You can apply to the National Redress Scheme if:
– You experienced sexual abuse when you were a child (under 18 years of age), and
– The abuse happened before 1 July 2018, and
– An institution was responsible for bringing you into contact with the person who abused you, and
– You were born before 30 June 2010, and
– At the time you apply, you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
Skip to content