HOW CAN TASC HELP YOU?
TASC’s solicitors, social workers and advocates can help you to understand and take action about common legal problems or other matters that relate to your human rights, such as abuse and discrimination.
FREE LEGAL SERVICES
- Family Law
- Domestic and Family Violence
- Civil and Consumer Law
- Criminal Law (minor matters)
FREE ADVOCACY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE SERVICES
- Discrimination, rights, complaints
- Human rights concerns: abuse, neglect, harm
- Problems with services and agencies (e.g. NDIS)
- Tenancy issues (evictions, bond disputes, QCAT matters)
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
TASC provides free legal services and advocacy support for people in:
- Rural South West Queensland
- Southern Downs
- Darling Downs
- West Moreton
- Greater South West Queensland
The service TASC provides was unavailable to me elsewhere. If not for the support of the kind & professional staff, I may not have endured this difficult & stressful process with my health intact. Thank you TASC, our community & its people need you!”
TASC is funded by the State and Federal governments to provide free services, therefore some eligibility criteria may apply.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE?
If you aren’t sure whether we can help you, get in touch with our friendly team to discuss your circumstances.
You don’t need a referral to make an appointment with one of our lawyers, advocates, or social workers.
Our services are subject to eligibility, such as:
- Geographical location – do you live in an area where we get funding from the government to support?
- Income – are you on a low income or going through financial hardship?
- Personal circumstances – do you suffer from a mental health issue or have a disability?
- Presenting issue – is your issue within our scope or can we refer you to another service?
What is a conflict of interest? You can read a general explanation of the term provided by Legal Aid Queensland here.