Any person who is renting a residential property in Queensland can get free advice from the Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service (called QSTARS) on issues like bond returns, evictions, your rights during COVID-19, and landlord disputes.
- QSTARS is managed by Tenants Queensland
- TASC is one of the partner organisations that delivers QSTARS to people in Toowoomba or Ipswich
- Our Tenancy Advocates can help you with advice and assistance to understand your tenancy rights and responsibilities
- We can work with you to negotiate an outcome with your real estate agent or landlord
- If you are facing a tenancy-related matter in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT), we can provide advice and support.
Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service (QSTARS)
QSTARS service provides free, independent advice and referral options for anyone renting in Queensland.
Through QSTARS, TASC’s Tenancy Advocates help people solve issues including bond and lease disputes, eviction and termination of leases, understanding their rights and responsibilities, and talking to their landlord or agent about problems.
How do I access the service?
Call the QSTARS hotline on 1300 744 263 and ask to speak to your local service (TASC). TASC’s office number is 07 4616 9700.
When are appointments available?
Monday to Friday, 9am – 4.30pm.
What type of appointments are available?
One-on-one appointments are available by phone, video and in-person.
Who funds this service?
QSTARS is funded by the Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works and managed by Tenants Queensland.